Practice Areas

In order to live or work in the United States or Canada, a non-citizen must first obtain a visa for that purpose under a specific category. Visas are granted for a number of different reasons and time periods based on a variety of qualifications.

United States

Immigrant Visas

  • Family of U.S. Citizens

  • Family of U.S. Permanent Residents

  • Investors (EB-5)

  • Multinational Managers or Executives (EB-1C)

  • Individuals of Extraordinary Ability (EB-1A)

  • Individuals of Exceptional Ability (EB-2) with National Interest Waivers (NIW)

  • Skilled Workers, Professionals, or Unskilled Workers (EB-3)

Non-Immigrant Visas

  • Treaty Investors (E-2)

  • Treaty Traders (E-1)

  • Multinational Executives or Managers (L-1A)

  • Professional Workers under NAFTA (TN)

  • Visitors for Business or Pleasure (B-1/B-2)

  • Waivers of Inadmissibility


  • Naturalization

  • Derivative Citizenship

  • Passport Applications and Certificates of Citizenship

  • Renunciation or Relinquishment of Citizenship

U.S. Department of State Visa Wizard

If you are not sure what visa category might be right for your specific circumstances and goals, you may want to begin by taking a look at the U.S. Department of State's Visa Wizard. This tool collects some basic information about you and will provide you with some initial guidance about what visa options may be available to you. We recommend that you use the results from the Visa Wizard to schedule a consultation to discuss your visa options in more detail with an attorney.


Permanent Residence

  • Family of Canadian Citizens


  • Temporary Residence Permit

  • Rehabilitation


  • Naturalization

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Eligibility Tool

Are you wondering what options may be available to you to visit, live, work, or extend your stay in Canada? You can take the IRCC Eligibility Questionnaire to help you determine what Canadian immigration programs you may be eligible for. We recommend that you review the results with an attorney or licensed Canadian Immigration Consultant to discuss your options in more detail.